This Tuesday, Nextech AR Solutions Corporation, a firm providing augmented reality (AR) metaverse services, announced a fresh update to its spatial mapping platform ARWay.
Since Nextetch bought ARWay last year, the firm has been building up to the debut of ARWay as a standalone company. ARWay will become a publicly traded group in 2022, with Nextech retaining majority share ownership.
Nextech is currently upgrading its ARWay solution as it debuts as a publicly traded firm. ARWay version 1.1 features include:
- Improved wayfinding visualisations that enhance out-of-the-box compatibility for cross-platform distribution
- Fully animated interactive 3D models to increase user engagement
- Optimised location intelligence, which tracks and monitors spatial data related to real-world time and location. ARWay’s location metrics enable a firm to understand the performance of geotagged immersive content
- Platform developers can hide or obstruct virtual objects on Android and iOS devices
- New map admin tools, including version control, content editing tools, and auto-save features
- Improved scalability of spatial maps up to 1,500 m2 in size
ARWay also contains tools to enable retail, real estate, and marketing firms to take advantage of web3 opportunities. The firm already has early adopters using the service to improve outreach, including universities, governmental bodies, and hospitals.
Developers can explore Nextech’s AR content creation suite via the ARway Mobile App and ARwayKit Software Development Kit.
Spatial Mapping, the Next Big Thing?
Nextech AR CEO Evan Gappelberg said in a statement he believed spatial mapping technology was the extended reality (XR) industry’s next big breakthrough as it “merges many disruptive technologies including 3D models, AR, VR, AI, and Web 3.0.”
According to the CEO, spatial computing expands the concept of “traditional computing” thanks to the technical capabilities of placing a 3D object next to real-world objects or locations, creating integrated, interactive experiences.
Evan explained further, stating,
“Nextech AR has been hard at work developing an integrated solution combining all our technology into one unified platform which allows us to leverage our technology, stay ahead of the curve and keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with spatial computing”
Additionally, the end-to-end creator solution offers ARWay and ARitize 3D CMS toolkit, which enable XR content creators to insert “thousands” of 3D models into an immersive environment.